Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Are we ready for this??


Since I am such a terrible blogger, this is old news to most people! But to anyone out there who doesn't already know, meet the newest member of the family!! We are so excited and anxious to meet this little miracle. I am about 14 weeks along so we only have about 6 weeks until we can find out whether it is a boy or girl! Kurt really wants a little girl and that would be great, but we will be thrilled with either. We are also completely set up for a boy so that would be fine too. When we first started this process, Kaleb said he wanted a sister baby, now he has changed his mind and wants to hear nothing about a sister, he wants a brother baby! This pregnancy has been totally opposite of my first. I have not felt very well for about 14 weeks now. I am really glad this happened during my second pregnancy! I know that this too shall pass and in the end it will all be more than worth it! What a privilege to be a part of this miracle!


Now for an update on big brother Kaleb-



We are fast approaching his third birthday! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. We are loving every minute with our sweet boy. He is learning so much every day. We started going to a new church and he has been going to his own Sunday School class. It thrills my heart to see him come out with projects he has done and he is excited to tell me about their stories and songs. He even learned his first memory verse last week. We were so proud of him and I think he was pretty proud of himself.


Finally, we went on our annual trip to the pumpkin patch last weekend. Kaleb really enjoyed the hay ride out to the patch. He almost rode the ponies but changed his mind at the last minute several times! It was really funny because he rode a pony earlier this year without any hesitation. Kaleb picked out his very own pumpkin and then helped up pick out a miniature one for his new baby. It was a fun day.











2 comments:

megan k said...

cute!!

Hannah E. said...

Congratulations, Christy!!! Can't wait to hear what you're having! When is your due date? Very excited for you. Keep us posted on your pregnancy.