Sunday, March 8, 2009

All my bags are packed.....

We are ready to go. Well- as ready as we can be I suppose. The nursery is ready, the hospital bag is packed, the belly pictures have been taken, phone list made, and the babysitters are all lined up. I am getting anxious for this little girl to make her grand entrance into the world. Not that I have any reason to complain about the pregnancy I have been blessed with, but I am starting to feel really tired and anxious. Kaleb has entered a stage where naps are not coming as easy, so the days get a little long for this pregnant mama. We are also going to have a very busy week at work, so any prayers that go up for strength this week on my behalf would be greatly appreciated :)
I am also just so ready to meet our little girl & see what she looks like. I am ready to see my little boy become a big brother & watch how he adjusts to his new role in the family. There is so much I am excited about so the next few weeks will probably be the longest of the pregnancy.
I am officially due on the 25th, but my doctor has decided that he wants to induce labor. He originally said that we would do it the week before, but at my appointment on Friday, he said that he could not get it scheduled that week due to spring break. He said that the hospital would be short staffed and he would not be able to get a date that week. I think translated that means "I am going to be out of town." So- he set the date for March 23rd- a whopping 2 days early. March 23rd happens to be my nephew's birthday, but I don't think he will mind sharing. However, I am not real sure that I will make it that long. Kaleb was 1 week early, but I am not sure that makes a difference. I do know that God's timing is perfect & that he is in control of the situation. For now, I will just continue to anxiously wait, and try to give my little boy all the extra loving I can while we wait for little sister to arrive.
Here is a picture of the nursery that is just waiting for a baby to complete it:



Here is a few pictures of my ever growing belly. (Not my typical blog pictures.) I include these only because my good friend Tishauna took them. This was her first time to do it & I think she did a great job. Not bad for a $7 Wal- Mart sheet hanging in my dining room with two kids running crazy in the background, huh?











3 comments:

megan k said...

very cute pics... I was just thinking about you and katie last night, wondering how the two of you were doing/holding up/feeling/growing.. you answered my question for you!!

my security word was 'froto' i thought it was funny

Jennifer said...

The pics are super cute. I love the it's a girl one. Betsy should steal that idea. :) You have the best pregnant belly..can I pay you to carry my next kid??? ha ha J/K Nursery looks great!! I'm excited to meet her too!

Cline Family said...

Fabulous and no Brody won't mind sharing..it'll be hardest on Grandma Pinkey to have to decide where to celebrate for a few years! You look great and we're praying for you! Love the pictures!