Allow me to introduce the newest member of our family. Kaylee Renae was born on Monday, March 23rd at 8:22 am. She weighed 7#5oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. She has a head full of blond hair and blue eyes. We are thrilled that she is finally here! Our family feels complete. We have spent the last week adjusting to being a family of four. Things are going pretty smoothly. Kaylee, being a newborn, has been pretty much just sleeping all week. I had forgotten just how much they do sleep at first. We have also been so blessed by our WONDERFUL friends & family who have been bringing us food over! . It helps out more than they will ever know!
Kaleb is a great big brother. He is so attentive to his sister. Anytime she makes a noise, he will go check on her. He has had a few issues this week, but we were having issues before she was born, so it may be just be typical 3 year old stuff. I think there is a little jealousy mixed in there, but for the most part he has done wonderfully.

This picture was taken soon after Kaylee was born. We were still in the labor & delivery room & the nurse had her under the warmer. Kaleb kept going over there and standing on a stool to look at her. It was very sweet.
You have to be very quick to get a picture of Kaleb & his sister. He likes to hold her, but just for a minute. You have to always be prepared for the quick hand off back to you.
Well I already have new pictures to update since it took me a week to get these up, but that will have to do for now. Thanks again to everyone who has helped us in any way with this transition in our lives. You are a blessing!
2 comments:
yep she's cute
I LOVE that last picture of them together! ADORABLE! Congratulations on the birth, I'm so excited for you!
And just so you know, we've found age three to be a tough one. =) I share because I think it's NORMAL. There's this conspiracy out there that tells you the twos are terrible. I don't know why they all lie about that. But three is definitely hard! They are smart enough at three to be sassier and more disrespectful but not quite emotionally mature enough to practice self-control immediately when they get upset. Or maybe that's just my son. =) But three and a HALF has brought much easier times!
Post a Comment