Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kaylee's Tree

We recently planted a tree for Kaylee. We did the same thing for Kaleb when he was a baby. It is fun to watch the tree grow along with the kiddos. Kaylee's tree is a Royal Raindrop Crab apple. (The fruit on this tree is so small that it does not make a mess like a regular crab apple tree.)The leaves stay a shade of purple most of the year. I am kicking myself for not getting a picture right when we planted it, because according to the tree farm people, the tree is a little stressed right now & some of the leaves have fallen off. Apparently, newly planted trees don't like 100 degree weather either. We have been assured that it will be a happier tree soon.



I can't find a picture of Kaleb's tree when we first planted it. I guess I didn't take one & that makes me a little sad. Kaleb's tree is a Japanese Maple. It is a little over three years old now. It makes me a little teary eyed to see how big the tree (and my little guy) are now.

1 comment:

megan k said...

i hope it isn't very close to powerlines or the mean, tree hatin' asplund(sp) guys will come and cut it to shreds and not care one bit you are standing there, in tears begging them to show it mercy. Then when they climb it, you would never secretly wish the tree would spit them out of it.