Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kaleb's New Friend (and future wife??)


Kaleb has a new friend to play with. My best friend Tishauna had a little girl last week. Her name is Avery Faye and she weighed in at 8# 3oz and was 21 inches long. She will no doubt be able to beat Kaleb up before she is 1 year old! Kaleb has been very excited about the new baby so far. It will be interesting to see if this attitude stays around. Tishauna's mom Ruby is Kaleb's babysitter and starting in August, Ruby will be watching both kids. Until now, Kaleb has pretty much had Ruby all to himself. We will have to wait & see how he reacts to having to share Ruby's attention. For now, Kaleb remains excited about his new friend. When I took him over to meet her, he could not wait for his turn to hold the baby.

When he was holding her, he said "Hi Avery. It's Kaleb & I came to your house." So cute!!

Then Avery started crying and Kaleb pretty much looked at her like she was from another planet:-

Several days after our visit to see the baby, a friend of ours was over at the house and out of the blue he asked Kaleb if he had a girlfriend. Much to our surprise he said yes. Our friend said, "What is your girlfriend's name? Kaleb replied, "Avery. I like her!" Too cute!! We will have to wait for several years to see how this plays out! I certainly would not mind one bit if he wants to marry Avery someday- I know she comes from good stock!

4 comments:

Cline Family said...

Christy- that baby looks so natural in your arms...Kaleb needs a sister to go with his new girlfriend. Kari

Anonymous said...

Pinkey said the baby looks natural in your arms (before she read Kari's comment) Cute photos.
Lin and Pinkey

Jennifer said...

Awww. She is sweet. I'm surprised Kaleb could fathom what a girlfriend is. He's too young to be thinking of us crazy brods. Kurt will have to teach him better. We're not worth the fuss til at least 21!!! :)J/K His interaction with her is so cute.

Hannah E. said...

Yay, you have a blog!!! I am so excited to keep up with y'all through this!

I love the little quotes from Kaleb, but it makes me sad that I haven't seen the little guy in so long that I have no idea what his voice even sounds like! I really hope we can get together with everyone next time we're in Bville...which will probably be in August. I'm sure Jonah would have lots of fun playing with Kaleb.

And you look GREAT!