There has been so much going on at our house lately! First of all we got new carpet a couple of weeks ago. We were so excited to get rid of the stinky, old lady carpet! It was definitely an adventure, because we moved all of our furniture and pulled up the old carpet ourselves. It was all worth it in the end because our house looks so much better. There is nothing like the smell of new carpet when you walk in the door from work!!
Our next adventure was spending last weekend with our friends Brandon & Lindsey in Branson. Kaleb had such a great time on all the rides at Silver Dollar City & Celebration City. We stayed in the timeshare condos that Kurt's parents own. They are so wonderful! When I would tell Kaleb that we were heading back to the condo, he would say, "No Mom-it's Condo City." It was so funny. I guess he got confused since all the other places that we went were "cities."
CONDO CITY!!!
Condo City had an indoor swimming pool. I was unsure about how Kaleb would react to the water because last year he was not that excited about the water. What a difference a year has made!! Kaleb LOVED the water. He was kicking his legs, jumping off the side to Kurt, and he even went under the water once (which he was so proud of!) I was very excited about his new love for the water.
Having Fun at Silver Dollar City
Finally, Kaleb has officially graduated from his crib to a big boy bed! I know, I have held on a little long, but why not-he wasn't trying to climb out of it. Since we had to take his bed apart for the carpet install, we decided to just put on the toddler rail when we put it back together. I have been hesitant to write this down because I do not want to eat my words, but Kaleb has done WONDERFUL with the transition! I tell him that it is time for bed and he tells everyone goodnight, we sing our song, give our kisses and close the door. He has not tried to get out of bed once the entire time! (Erika- if you are reading this all I can say is I am sorry and I have no idea how I have been this lucky:) He even waits for me to come and get him in the morning. He will yell for me and I will say he can get up, but he won't get out of bed until I open the door! What a blessing this has been! I guess I was worried about the transition for nothing. Lord, please do not make me regret typing this tonight!! :)
WHAT A BIG BOY!!!
2 comments:
We are waiting until Chloe can climb out of her crib until we get her into a big girl bed. Hopefully that doesn't happen until she's like 5! j/k
What a good little man you have! I love the condo city comment! How cute is that? He's getting so big, Christy!!! I can't believe it! I miss working with you. Give everyone a hug for me. Miss ya'll!
Post a Comment