Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kaleb's Favorite Things

Kaleb is changing so much everyday. He looks more & more like a little man all the time. Here are a few of his current favorite things-

1)PLAYING BASEBALL- He loves to use a plastic golf club as a bat. He always lines up to bat left handed (which thrills his Dad) even though he does everything else with his right hand. He even wiggles his bat while he is waiting for the pitch. Do you think we watch too much baseball at our house?










2) OUR NEW SUN PORCH- We are really enjoying our new sun porch that Grandad helped us build. We have been eating dinner out there most every night. Kaleb loves to play basketball and drive his hot wheels out there. It is great because he is able to play "outside" while I am cooking dinner.









3) GOING TO THE LAKE- Just like Mom & Dad, Kaleb loves the lake.
Here is a picture of him in Grandpa's new paddle boat-




(Quick Sidenote-My sister & I tried to get Dad to buy us one of these for years. This is what kind of power grandkids have:) Kaleb wants to be down at the water constantly while we are at the lake. He likes to fish (usually a bobber with no hook ) and he likes to ride in the fishing boat. But, his all time favorite thing to do at the lake is to throw rocks in the water. This is something special that he likes to do with Grandpa. In fact, he usually won't let anyone else play with him. Grandpa has him a little spoiled. Grandpa always picks up the rocks for Kaleb to throw. The other day, Grandpa's back was hurting and I told Kaleb to get the rocks himself. He said " No Grandpa will." Then I picked up rocks for him and he told me again " No Grandpa will." And guess what? Grandpa did. Again- the power that grandkids have.

We are having so much fun as Kaleb discovers new things. If you need something to pray for, pray for us as we try to help Kaleb discover how much better it would be to use the big potty! This has been a hard task for us as this is definitely NOT one of his favorite things!!

5 comments:

megan k said...

Maybe he needs to take his fishing pole or a book with him into the bathroom. Most men like to take things with them when they go potty. haha

Jennifer said...

Oh, Kaleb is such a smart kid, he'll get it in no time! I see a future Red Sox boy in the making!!

Hannah E. said...

He's such a cutie! Still Kurt's mini-me. =)

I'd just PRAY lots about potty training. I did tons of asking questions to friends who'd just potty trained their sons - I was constantly "researching" for months. That was helpful, to see what worked and didn't work for people whose children's temperaments seemed similar to Jonah's. If you're interested in what we did, you can read about our potty training experience on my blog...I think I wrote about it sometime around the end of last August. But still, the best thing is to bathe it in prayer...I happen to believe God is real good at potty-training. =) It wasn't bad at all. Kaleb will do great.

Amanda said...

Christy! Yay for blogging! Kaleb is getting so big, and Hannah's right... he's still Kurt's mini-me. I miss you guys!

Jennifer said...

okay chica, blog update time!! He's probably grown 2 inches since i saw him last!! :)