Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update!

We have been very busy at our house as shown by my lack of updates. Kurt & I recently took a wonderful trip to Boston. We had such a great time. We stayed with my cousin and went sightseeing for 5 days. We of course had to go to a game at Fenway Park-Kurt would not travel that far and not see his favorite team!

My Dad noticed something really funny about this picture. It looks like Kurt is putting his arm around me and holding a beer. There is really a guy walking up the bleachers behind us that is carrying the beer! I promise it isn't Kurt's-beer was $7.50 a glass!

We also took a trip up the coastline and had stops in New Hampshire and Maine. Here is a picture of a famous lighthouse in York, Maine. The picture really does not do it justice- it was a really beautiful place.

As you can tell from our pictures we are minus one member of our family. Kaleb stayed home with Grandma Pinkey while we were gone. It was definitely different not having him with us, but we were able to do so much that he would not have been able to tolerate. Thanks Pinkey for staying with him, I know he had a great time!
Before Pinkey went home, we took her to see the outdoor play Oklahoma at Discoveryland. It was really well done and a fun evening. Before the show, Kaleb got to take a ride on a pony. He loved it and he named it "Corky" like Grandad's horse.


For 4th of July, we went to the lake. My nephew Brandon was there to play with Kaleb. I went to Wal-Mart and bought them a cheap swimming pool so it would be easier to keep track of them! They had such a great time. Kaleb is such a lakebum! He loves riding in the boat and swimming. We worked on getting him used to the tube by letting him swim with it. My dad would pull him around with the rope. Next time, Kaleb says he wants to ride with me behind the boat. We'll see if that really happens!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! I will try to be better about posting updates!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is soooo funny about the beer! Ha ha. It totally looks like that! I believe you though. :) Kaleb is so cute. What a good little buddy you have there. I miss seeing him!

megan k said...

Thanks for the update!! Good pictures and the one of the 'beer' is really funny. Kind of like the picture Betsy had where Clay looked like he had a mullet. ;)