Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Little Cowboy

It all started with a pair of boots. Grandad & Grandma Pinkey gave Kaleb a pair of cowboy boots when they came down from Wyoming for Christmas. In typical 3 year old fashion, Kaleb refused to even try them on for several days. Once he decided to give them a try, he decided they were really cool. He would run around the house with Grandad's cowboy hat on yelling "yee haw."

After Grandad left, our cowboy was left without a hat. One day, while Kaleb & I were in Wal-Mart, we passed by a $4 cowboy hat in the toy department. Kaleb noticed it immediately and of course, Mom had to get it for him. (Yes everyone, I know it is red- but how could I say no?) So now our cowboy had a hat.



But, something was still missing. I don't know many cowboys that wear Mickey Mouse pajamas around, do you? Well, I guess Grandad & Grandma thought the same thing because a package from Wyoming showed up on our doorstep today. Inside was a new western shirt and a pair of Wranglers- just what a cowboy needs to complete his look. Kaleb was so excited to wear his "cowboy clothes" that he even let me take his picture. (He does not offer to get his picture taken very often right now.) Thanks for the new duds Grandad & Grandma!! Kaleb feels like a real cowboy now!!
HOWDY PARTNERS!
WHAT COWGIRL COULD RESIST ME?
BEING A COWBOY IS SERIOUS WORK!

4 comments:

Hannah E. said...

That is SO cute! Priceless pictures. Jonah received the whole cowboy outfit for Christmas one year...when he was 18 months. I much rather would have gotten it at this age. He outgrew it so fast, of course. But with Kaleb, you'll be getting lots of wear (and play!) out of that one!

You'll have to take him to a rodeo now that he has all that!

Cline Family said...

We MUST have a picture for the fridge- way too cute.

megan k said...

Sooo Cute!! The pic. of him in a half turn is like he's trying to show the ladies his wrangler behind... ;)

Jennifer said...

THOSE PICS ARE AWESOME!! I love it!! Always love the cowboys!!